Friday, October 26, 2012

Biology Class

At this moment I am taking two science classes. I have noticed that there is a lot overlap between the two classes. In my intro to health sciences class at Grand Valley we learn a lot of anatomical terms. We also learn how to break down the terms into the parts. For example in cytology the root word is cyt meaning cells and the suffix ology meaning the study of. Therefore cytology means the study of cells. Having this skill to break down words has helped me be able to remember words in this biology class a lot easier. Also, we learned about cells in my Grand Valley class and now we are just getting to learning about cells in this class. In my other class we learned about the phospholipid bilayer and hydrophobic and hydrophilic already. This overlap is very helpful because I am getting two perspectives on the information and I am learning it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment