Friday, November 9, 2012

Macromolecule

If I were to be to be any macromolecule I would want to be a protein. Proteins are involved in almost everything. Proteins are the most structurally and  functionally diverse macromolecule. They are involved in enzymes, structure, transport, communication, defense, movement, and storage. Proteins are made of amino acids and can form into polypeptide chains. Amino acids form peptide bonds to form polypeptide chains. Protein function depends on its structure. Proteins can fold into different structures depending on different interactions. This folding is called primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary structure. I would want to be a protein because they are involved in the most functions of the body.
     

1 comment:

  1. I do not think that I would want to be a protein because they have to work really hard to be able to do everything. I would most likely want to be a nucleic acid because they store all of the information it takes to make a protein and stores and transmits DNA and RNA, which I think would be a cool thing to do.

    ReplyDelete